Image via PharyngulaThe week in fundie . . .
- Moderate Liberals attempt to block Religious Right putsch in Sydney seat of Mitchell. (Brisbane Times)
- A 16-year-old female gang-rape victim "may well have been glad of the attention," according to one of her attacker's defence lawyer. The lawyer suggested that the victim was asking for it because of her "provocative" clothing and the fact that she was overweight at the time of the assault. Incidentally, this happened in London, not Saudi Arabia. (Via Magic Bellybutton.)
- Israeli Knesset moves to ban gay pride parades. (Via Dispatches From the Culture Wars)
- Theocracy comes to West Papua. (Via Bartholomew's Notes on Religion)
- "The Talibanization of Iraq"--the deterioration of women's rights in the post-Saddam era. (Assyrian International News Agency)
- Stoning defended in Iran by Judiciary Chief Advisor (National Council of Resistance of Iran)
- Crowds stone gay rights marchers in Bucharest. (SMH)
Just to make it worth your while, here's Carl Sagan's "Pale Blue Dot."