Wednesday, May 10, 2006

And Jen, this one's for you!

Okay; let’s get practical. How do we submit? You don’t have to wait until the next seriously important decision arises to allow your husband to lead. Submission is a lifestyle. I’ll share with you some of the ways I have found to be effective. “I wanted to check with you first” or “Would it be okay if…” are phrases I often use with my husband. As mothers and wives we have households to run and many decisions to make daily. Of course, there are many things we must decide on our own, but this does not give us license to disregard our husband’s leadership. The woman in Proverbs 31 whose price is above rubies brings honor to her husband. When you make plans that will impact the family, run it by your husband first, instead of charging ahead. If he disagrees, this is not the time to rant and rave or give him the silent treatment.

My children know that daddy is in charge. In my husband’s presence I tell my children that Daddy answers to God for all of us. Believe it or not, it doesn’t make me feel less of a person when my four-year-old goes around saying, ”God’s the boss of Daddy and Daddy’s the boss of Mommy.”
From the organisation Above Rubies, which encourages women to submit to their menfolk.

UPDATE: "Wifely submission" from the other side.